I thank my God for you every time I think of you; and every time I pray for you all, I pray with joy because of the way in which you have helped me in the work of the gospel from the very first day until now. (Philippians 1: 3-5)
April 15th to 21st is National Volunteer Week in Canada.
We estimate that, each year, over 100 people volunteer in some capacity at SouthWest. We are grateful!
How do we even begin to say thanks for the hundreds (thousands?) of volunteer hours:
- Welcoming at the door, living hospitality
- Collecting and counting the offerings, keeping our accounts in order
- Preparing food for fellowship time and washing up afterwards
- Cooking, serving and cleaning up after meals on Welcome Wednesdays
- Creating cards for shut ins; visiting, phoning those unable to get out
- Setting up for community events, manning tables and being the cheerful face of SouthWest
- Helping organize weddings and baptisms
- Ordering produce
- Passing the broom, the mop, the sponge
-Shovelling snow and putting down salt
- Greeting a newcomer, sharing a smile, singing in the choir
- Praying for those in need, comforting the sick and holding the hand of the dying
- Sorting through donated clothes, books and other items
- Picking up and delivering food and other items
- Writing reports, filing
- Keeping the plants watered and the space tidy
- Giving a lift, being kind to the stranger
- Organizing Christmas joy for children
- Contributing your time and talents, showing God's love in word and in deed
May God bless the hands that do good to all.
that love as Jesus loved with care, generosity and joy.
Bless all hands, and in particular the hands of our volunteers!