The 43rd General Council of the United Church of Canada takes place July 21st to 27th 2018 in Oshawa, Ontario. This is where many decisions will be made about the future of the church, including the election of a new Moderator. There are 10 candidates from nine different Conferences right across the country. Eight are ordained ministers; two are laypersons. You can read their bios on the General Council website:
The first two days of GC43 are devoted to the Festival of Faith, described as "a celebration of our work and witness through the arts".
What’s happening at the Festival?
Music: Experience inspiring performers at multiple stages. Enjoy a DJ, silent dance party and lip-sync competition.
Interactive art: Explore amazing art displays, including stories and images of over 80 projects supported by Embracing the Spirit, a new United Church learning network that you can get involved in. Join a Messy Fiesta and paint a pew!
- Workshops: Be inspired by 25 workshops with leaders from across Canada.
- Spirituality: Discover different ways to express your faith.
- Coffee house: Enjoy the open mic experience, spoken word, poems, songs and more. Everyone is welcome to contribute.
- Artisan market: Explore the market sprinkled with local artisans and social enterprises.
- The Alvin Dixon Memorial Run/Walk: Start your second day of festival on the right foot at 8am with this 5km run / 2km walk event.
Follow the Festival of Faith on Facebook for details and